lইউনিট–১, লেসন–৬ ও ৭
প্রিয় শিক্ষার্থী, গতকালের পর আজ ইংরেজি পাঠ্যবইয়ের ইউনিট-১, লেসন-৬ ও ৭ নিয়ে আলোচনা করব।
Read the following text and answer the questions 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Tamal : Hello, Andy!
Andy : Hi, Tamal! How are you?
Tamal : Fine, thanks. Andy, meet my friend , Sima Zaman. And Sima, this is Andy. Andy Smith.
Sima : Hello, Mr. Smith!
Andy : Hello! Please call me Andy. And can I call you Sima?
Sima : Sure.
Andy : Please sit down. Let’s chat.
- Choose the best answer from the alternatives.i. Tamal was —.a. fine b. sick c. ill d. unwellii. Tamal and Andy exchanged —.a. hot words b. greetings
- abusive words d. angry wordsiii. Tamal — Andy.a. thanked b. hated c. scolded d. rebukediv. There are — persons in the context.a. two b. three c. four d. fivev. — addressed first.
- Sima b. Tamal
- both of them d. neither of themvi. Sima addressed Andy Smith by his — name.
- first b. second c. third d. nickvii. Andy called Sima by her — name.
- first b. second c. third d. nick
viii. — was not in a hurry.
- Sima b. Tamal c. Andy d. all
- What is the meaning of ‘chat’?a. Sing b.Talk c. Spare time d. Singx. They sit to —.
- take rest b. take snack c. enjoy d. chat
Answer to the question no-1
- + a = fine ii. + b = greetingsiii. + a = thanked iv. + b = threev. + b = Tamal vi + b = second
vii + a= first viii + a = Sima
ix + b = Talk x + d = chat
- Match the words of the column A with their meaning that is mentioned in the text in the column B. Extra two are given in column B.
Column A Column B
- free i. without any doubt
- good or good enough
iii. not to engage in any work
- a close mate
- to happen something actually
- to do something slowly
vii. a person who hates you
Answer to the question no-2
- fine- ii. good or good enough
- friend- iv. a close mate
- sure- i.without any doubt
- really- v. to happen something actually
- free- iii. not to engage in any work
- Answer the following questions in sentences.
- How is Tamal?
- Who exchange greetings?
- How do you spend your leisure?
- Who is Sima Zaman?
- Who thanked Andy?
Answer to the question no-3
- Tamal is fine.
- Tamal and Andy exchange greetings.
- I spend my leisure time in reading books.
- Sima Zaman is Andy’s friend.
- Tamal thanked Andy.
- Write a short composition in five sentences on ‘Your Pastime’.
Answer to the question no-4
I am fond of reading books. I go to the British Council to borrow books. I also read there. I talk to the foreigners. I listen to CDs and watch DVDs.
শিক্ষক, বীরশ্রেষ্ঠ মুন্সী আব্দুর রউফ পাবলিক কলেজ, ঢাকা