মান-৩০ সময়-৩০ মিনিট
Read the passage carefully and tick on the correct answer 1-5. 1´5=5
The great ship Titanic sailed for New York from Southampton on April 10th, 1912. She was carrying 1316 passengers and a crew of 891. At that time, however, she was not the only largest ship that had sixteen water tight compartments. The tragic sinking of this great liner will always be remembered for she went down on her first voyage with heavy loss of life.
Four days after setting out, while the Titanic was sailing across the icy-water of the North Atlantic, a huge iceberg was suddenly spotted by a look out. After the alarm had been given the great ship turned sharply to avoid a collision. Suddenly there was slight trembling sound from below and the captain went down to see what had been damaged. The captain realized to his horror that the Titanic was sinking rapidly, for five of the sixteen water tight compartments had already been flooded.
1. The Titanic was bound for —
a. New York b. Southampton
c. New Hampshire d. Chicago
2. The word ‘crew’ means —
a. the captain of the ship b. the sailors
c. a group of people working together
d. people working on the ship
3. How many watertight compartments did the Titanic have?
a. Fifteen b. Sixteen
c. Seventeen d. Eighteen
4. This great liner will always be remembered, here the liner means —
a. a passenger’s ship that travels on a regular route
b. a ruler used to draw a straight line
c. a person who keeps a telephone connection open
d. a person who works in line with the others
5. The Titanic collided with —
a. another passenger ship b. a rock
c. a huge iceberg d. a cargo-ship
Tick on the correct answer 6-43.
6. The Bangladeshis are — of their country.
a. hate b. rich c. proud d. pride
7. Keeping healthy means — from disease and anxiety.
a. free b. come c. with d. attached
8. Disease and anxiety lead us to — life.
a. happy b. unhealthy c. healthy d. poor
9. ‘Fauna’ means —
a. birds b. animals of the particular area
c. Birds and animals of a particular area
d. soil, forests and flowers
10. ‘It looks like a Mayna’ -here the word ‘like’ is —
a. noun b. pronoun
c. preposition d. interjection
11. The lion promised not to bother about his —.
a. body b. looks c. mentality d. hair style
12. The Pakistani Army surrendered —.
a. annually b. conditionally
c. happily d. unconditionally
13. Computer is very important
a. we can play games on it
b. we can enjoy music
c. we can use internet on it
d. it has been a part and parcel of modern life
14. Gurmit Singh came to Congo with a view to — for an voluntary organization.
a. work b. works c. working d. worked
15. Suraiya started going to people’s home, why?
a. To bring old people
b. To find out old people
c. To learn about the elderly people
d. To see them
16. ‘Hason Udash’ is a —
a. book b. book of songs
c. poem d. song
17. A mystic looks for —.
a. truth b. false c. God d. love
18. ‘Hard and fast’ means —
a. loose b. fixed
c. difficult matter d. easy matter
19. ‘ins and outs’ means —
a. In details b. Briefly
c. Summary d. None
20. ‘Black Sheep’ means —
a. a sheep of black colour
b. wicked person
c. big sheep d. costly sheep
21. ‘Fish out of water’ means —
a. fish which can live in air
b. fish which drinks air
c. comfortable situation
d. uncomfortable situation
22. ‘Leave no stone unturned’ means —
a. heavy stone b. rare stone
c. trying every possible means
23. The hen has (to lay) ten eggs.
a. The hen has lied ten eggs
b. The hen has lays ten eggs
c. The hen has lain ten eggs
d. The hen has laid ten eggs
24. The man to hang. for murder.
a. The man was hung for murder
b. The man was hanged for murder
c. The man was hang or murder
d. The man is hang for murder
25. Which is the short form of will not? a. Willn’t b. Won’t c. Wiln’t d. Will’t
26. Article is used based on —
a. spelling b. meaning
c. sound d. pronunciation
27. Don’t laugh at the poor. The sentence type is —
a. assertive b. imperative
c. interrogative d. compound
28. He killed himself. Here ‘killed’ is —
a. non-finite verb b. proverb
c. reflexive verb d. causative verb
29. Hurrah! We won the match. Here Hurrah is —
a. conjunction b. interjection
c. preposition d. subject
30. Freedom is man’s birth right. Here ‘freedom’ is —
a. material noun b. abstract noun
c. proper noun d. collective noun
অধ্যক্ষ, প্রচেষ্টা ক্যাডেট স্কুল, ঢাকা
ইংরেজি (অংশ-১) বিষয়ের উত্তর
1. a 2. d 3. b 4. a 5. c 6. c 7. a 8. b 9. c 10. c 11. b 12. d 13. d 14. c 15. c 16. b 17. a 18. b 19. a 20. b 21. d 22. c 23. d 24. b 25. b 26. d 27. b 28. c 29. b 30. b