মান-৩৫ সময়-৩০ মিনিট
Read the passage carefully and tick on the correct answer 1-5. 1´5=5
31. If I were you, I (to handle) the situation more carefully.
a. would handle
b. will handle
c. would have handled
32. The feminine of monk is__
a. mank b. nun
c. ewe d. roe
33. The superlative form of farther is__
a. far b. farthest
c. farest d. further
34. The singular form of ‘Those are benches’
a. This is a bench
b. That are benches
c. That is a bench
d. Those is benches
35. We enjoyed __at Cox’s Bazar.
36. It is high time he__his bad habits.
a. change b. changed
c. has changed d. changing
37. Can you drive a car? No, __
a. I can b. I can’t
c. I could d. I mayn’t
38. ‘It is a very beautiful bird.’ Exclamatory.
a. What a beautiful bird!
b.What a beautiful bird is it!
c. What a beautiful bird it will!
d. What a beautiful bird it is!
39. Afsara has been a student at Sherpur High School for five years. The tense type is__
a. present perfect
b. present perfect continuous
c. past perfect
d. past perfect continuous
40. The verb form of ‘political’ is __.
a. politicalise b. politicalize
c. politicize d. politics
41. It is a printing press. Here ‘printing’ is__
a. participle b. gerund
c. infinitive d. verbal noun
42. To rise early is good for health. Here ‘To rise’ is __.
a. infinitive b. verb
c. gerund d. participle
43. This is the go of the day. Here
a. noun b. pronoun
c. adjective d. adverb
Re-arrange the jumbled word 44-45.
44. earth/there/the/is/on/place/home/ like/no
Change as directed in the brackets (46-49). 1´4=4
46. Behave (noun.):
47. Strength (adjective.):
48. Danger (Adjective.):
49. Seek (past participle.):
Change the sentences as directed in the brackets (50-60). 1´10=10
50. I am writing a letter.
(Make it complex by using ‘who’.)
51. He insisted me to do the job.
52. He is very cruel.
(Use the opposite word for cruel.)
53. You are very nice to help me. (Introductory it.)
54. I wish I could go there in time. (Exclamatory.)
55. I am not as tall as they. (Comparative.)
56. A lion is not braver than they. (Positive.)
57. No other boy in the class is as meritorious as Abir. (Superlative.)
58. The man is poor but honest.(Complex.)
59. It was they who was to do the work. (Correct the sentence).
60. He is comparatively better today. (Correct the sentence.)
Write the short form of the following.
61. we are /__ , will not /__, can not /__, It is /__, do not /__, He has/__
62. Make tag- question with the following. 1´4=4
a. It is raining, __? b. Birds fly, __?
c. Do the work, __? d. They will go
63. Fill in the blanks with appropriate verbs from the brackets. 1´5=5
a. The hen __ an egg yesterday.(lay.)
b. He talks as if he __ a mad. (be.)
c. The man seldom __. (smoke.).
d. Ill news __ a pace. (run.)
e. The thief __ away just now. (flee.)
64. Why do you want to study in a cadet college?
What will you do if you do not get chance in a cadet college? 3+2=5
65. Give a suitable title and write a story following the hints given
below : 8
A farmer__ his goose __ daily laid a golden egg__ the farmer greedy __killed the goose to get all the eggs inside her __ got not a single egg__ Moral.
অধ্যক্ষ, প্রচেষ্টা ক্যাডেট স্কুল, ঢাকা
ক্যাডেট কলেজে ভর্তি পরীক্ষা: মডেল টেস্ট-৫
গতকাল প্রকাশিত ইংরেজি (অংশ-২) বিষয়ের উত্তর
৩১. a ৩২. b ৩৩. b ৩৪. c ৩৫. b ৩৬. b ৩৭. b ৩৮. d ৩৯. a ৪০. c ৪১. a ৪২. a ৪৩. a
৪৪. There is no place on earth like home ৪৫. Blood is thicker than water.
৪৬. Behaviour ৪৭. Strong ৪৮. Dangerous ৪৯. Sought
৫০ থেকে ৬০ নম্বর প্রশ্নের উত্তর নিজে চেষ্টা করো।
৬১. We’re, won’t, can’t, It’s, don’t, He’s
৬২. a. isn’t it? b. don’t they? c. won’t you? d. won’t they?
৬৩. a. laid b. were c. smokes d. runs e. has fled
সুত্র : প্রথম আলো